Hey guys! I know I haven’t been blogging regularly for the past few months so I thought I’d just take some time to fill you in on what I’ve been up to (sounds so exciting…it’s really not lol) and what my plans for November are. 🙂
Okay, so, September and October have been very busy months for me, what with starting college and a-levels so I’ll just run you through what’s I’ve done over the past few months.
- Started college – as I mentioned, I’ve just finished my first term and college and it has gone SO quickly. It took a while for me to get used to getting the bus everyday, going to a new place, meeting new people and being in a different environment but now I have got used to it, it’s great! I still dread going to college every Monday but that’s just because I know I’ll have a long day ahead of me and will have to work really hard to keep up (having to wake up at 6:30 am probably doesn’t help). Once I’m actually at college though, it’s not so bad. I enjoy my lessons and although I don’t get on with everyone in my classes, I have made a couple of new friends so that’s better than I expected. I could never go back to school though. Everything at college is just so…relaxed?? Idk I mean the workload is way more stressful than at school and you are expected to do everything yourself, but it is kind of nice to have more responsibility and not have to wear a school uniform.
- School awards evening – at the beginning of October I went to a fancy awards evening for my secondary school where I received an award for academic excellence. The actual evening was okay, although I didn’t manage to speak to many of my old teachers but that doesn’t bother me too much.
- Started drinking hot drinks (more regularly) – I’ve never really liked hot drinks, not even hot chocolate, mainly because I don’t like milk. Recently though I’ve been trying to get into drinking hot drinks more and just trying a wider variety to try to find something that I like. I went to a coffee shop with my grandma over the summer and tried a latte for the first time but I think it’s safe to say I’m just not a coffee person (it’s way too bitter). In September (I think??) before my sister went off to uni, she decided to have a hot chocolate after we came home from an evening walk so I tried one too and somewhat liked it?? Then I tried tea recently but wasn’t too keen on that, it wasn’t sweet enough, so I bought some lemon and ginger tea and I *think* I like that (I’ve only tried it twice though). Then a few weekends ago I went to a cafe with my family and had a lovely hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows which was nice. SO yeah, dunno why you’d want to hear about my adventures in trying hot drinks but there we go!
- Tests – I’ve had end of term tests in all of my subjects now and they didn’t go too badly (I hope). I haven’t got all the results back yet but I should do by the end of this week EEEEKkk.
- Half term! – then last week was half term meaning I had a week off of college to
catch up on all the work I’d been too lazy to do during term timerelax. I managed to be a lot more social (??) than usual; I had a board games + pizza + mini-rave thing (?????) evening at a friends house on the Monday, then on the Tuesday I went to Laser Quest with a different group of friends (let’s not mention how awful me and my friend were in the pairs game) and then on the Wednesday I went to another friends house with the same group of friends as on the Monday for an Indian takeaway + movie + board games night (we just like board game k…and food lol).
- Read The Girl On The Train – I don’t often tell you guys what I’m reading but yeah over the past few weeks I read The Girl On The Train which was v v good but also v tense and creepy at times. At first I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to read it because, not going to lie, the ~mystery~ aspect of the book was scaring me a little and making me anxious as to what would happen but I’m glad I managed to plough through it!
- Got Fantastic Beasts tickets!!!!!!!!!! – I AM SO EXCITED I CAN’T WAIT, 16 DAYSSSS AHHHHHHHHHH. SO yeah me and my friend decided we want to go and see the midnight screening of Fantastic Beast and Where To Find them IN 3D (can you imagine Eddie Redmayne’s face in 3d ahhhhh).
So basically what I’ve been up to over the past few months!!
November is already looking like it’s going to be a busy month too but I’m looking forward to it nonetheless! Here’s what I’m hoping to get up to (in case I end up hibernating and don’t write another post for ages):
- NaNoWriMo – I like, last minute decided I wanted to do NaNo again this year. I haven’t even got a proper plan, I’m just sort of making my novel up as I go along. I don’t think I’m going to be able to reach 50k, although I will try my best! Last year I managed to write 43,000 words so I didn’t ‘win’ NaNo. If I can’t get to 50k this, year I’m going to keep trying until I can finish it. I was so close last year, which was annoying, but towards the end of November I went to a concert which meant getting in the car straight after school to get to said concert then coming back after midnight, sleeping mot of the next day (which happened to be my birthday) and that left me about 2 days to try to write 7000 words (which was never going to happen let’s be honest). If you’re also doing NaNo, let me know and we can add eachother as writing buddies 🙂
- FANTASTIC BEASTS – as mentioned above, I am going to see Fantastic Beasts on 18/11.
- My birthday – I turn 17 in a few weeks eeeeeeeek.
- Carry on drowning in a-level work (nothing more needs to be said).
- Do some exploring??? – I’m not sure WHERE exactly, but since I only go to college 3 days a week, I have two ‘days off’ (I end up working from 10am-5pm anyway – THERE IS NO BREAK FROM A-LEVEL WORK) where my bus pass is still valid. I can actually travel quite far with my bus pass – all around my county and into the bordering counties – so at some point I want to make the most of that and just go somewhere new for the day. The only problem is, none of my friends have their ‘days off’ on the same day as me so I’d have to go exploring by myself *cries*. I was thinking of going out today actually, but I had lots of work to do and I want to make sure I can keep on track for NaNo as much as possible.
- Remembrance Day Parade – for the past 8 years, I’ve been part of my town’s Remembrance Day Parade on Remembrance Sunday. However, since I’ve now left Scouts, I can no longer take part. I’m actually quite excited to not take part though, because that means I get to watch the parade go by and see the service in the park from a different perspective.
I think that’s about it for this month, but I may end up doing more (or less) exciting things.
What are you looking forward to this month? What have you been up to over the past few months? I’d love to know! I miss talking to you guys and reading your blogs. Hope you’re all okay! 🙂
Update: After writing this I went for a walk and took some pictures of the sunset!