So I’ve seen a couple of bloggers doing this – Elm, Just a Blank Space, Naming My Voice – and though it was a really good idea so decided to jump on the bandwagon (so hard to resist going into an explanation of the bandwagon effect of polls right now TOO MUCH POLITICS REVISION). Anyway, so the #Proudtobeproud tag was created by Luna who I have only just cone across but I’m sure is a very lovely person. The idea is to say between 5-15 things that you’re proud of.
I think it’s such a lovely idea because, as everyone else has said, it’s good to recognise our achievements and have pride in what we’ve done every once in a while without feeling as if you are being selfish. So, here are some of the things I’m proud of:
– Telling my family about blogging (they all know now) – I’m still not entirely comfortable with them knowing and I don’t think they are either but I’m working on helping them to understand why I love blogging and having internet friends.
– Persevering in situations where I feel uncomfortable – mainly being alone at school and not feeling as if I fit in at Explorer Scouts.
– Going out of my comfort zone and video calling bloggers – I’m really, really awkward talking to people but I’m so glad I’ve done it because it’s great to speak face-to-face with people you’ve been talking to online for 9 months or so.
– Improving my blog – those of you who followed my old blog may remember that my blog posts where quite frankly a load of rubbish but now I feel as if my writing is more thoughtful/meaningful. Plus I haven’t written one negative post on this blog yet!
– Working really hard at school and in exams.
– Being more relaxed in social situations and being able to have fun with friends without over thinking everything.
– My post on the EU Referendum – I feel like I structured it really well and felt as if it helped a lot of people to understand more about the referendum.
– Teaching myself ukulele again.
– Making a YouTube channel – something I always wanted to do but didn’t have the confidence to.
– All of my blogger friends – because they are consistently so amazing and wonderful and all of their achievements making me feel incredibly proud.
– Reaching out and talking to people when I’m not feeling great instead of bottling all my feelings up.
Okay so I managed to think of more than I thought I would! I think you should all give this tag a go because it really does make you feel better about yourself as you can just take a moment to stop and look back on all that you’ve done. 🙂 Thanks to Luna for creating this because it is truly awesome and I’ve loved doing it.