I’ve been nominated for two awards in the past few days and I actually feel like doing them for once. I’ll join them together into one massive post though because I’m lazy like that (hey, you’re lucky I’m even doing the awards in the first place)!
First up I was nominated for the Leibster Award by Em Somerset so thank you very much to her and you should totally check out her awesome blog! 🙂
– Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award image.
– Answer 11 question that the blogger who nominated you gives.
– Nominate 5-11 bloggers you think are deserving of the award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
– Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
– Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. What is your ambition? I have a lot but my main one would be to study history at Southampton University then to either live on the Isle of Wight or in Germany. Random I know…
2. If you could be animal what would you be and why? Hmmm…probably a cat because they get to wander round and explore the world all day. Plus cats have no responsibilities and everyone knows when to leave a cat alone and not keep bothering them (something my family need to learn to do).
3. Favorite film? Nooooooo, I have SO many this is impossible. If I had to narrow it down though probably Leap Year, Big Hero 6 (I’m sorry my inner child got the better of me) and War Horse.
4. Favorite location? Anywhere by the sea, as I mentioned in my post a few days ago I absolutely love being by the sea and there are so many beaches and coastlines I have yet to visit but know I will love.
5. If you could do anything, what would it be? Host a blogger meet-up and invite all of my blogging friends and the entire blog squad and pay for all your plane tickets and accomadation and everything because I love you guys sooooo much!
6. You’ve got 3 wishes. What are they? 1. To take my Nan back to her hometown in Essex where her siblings live. She lives alone and doesn’t drive so she never leaves town which makes me sad and she hasn’t seen her family in ages. 2. To give something back to Scouting because it has helped me so much and even though I have volunteered at Scouts for nearly two years, I’d still love to do more to help young people in my community. 3. For all my friends and family to be happy because I hate seeing people sad and I think they’ve all had their fair share of hard times and don’t deserve anymore.
7. Would you go to the moon or Mars if you had the option to? No way. I’ll probably write a post about this at some point but I am strongly against space travel and exploration and frankly I’m happy keeping my two feet on the ground!
8. Have you ever loved someone? Not romantically, no. I have never fallen in love but I do love all of my close friends and family which is a different kind of love, I know, but still is just as powerful and meaningful.
9. Do you have any pets? Yes! I have a fish called Squiggles (not my choice) who kind of looks like an eel-thing. I’ll show you a picture because the blog squad didn’t believe it until they saw it!
This isn’t a great photo but it’s so hard when it is constantly moving around! And yes that is a Tardis. 🙂
10. Best day of your life so far? Oooh this is hard. Idk…it’s sounds weird but probably the day when me and my friends got out English Language exam results in January because we were all in such a good mood and even though I had to spend the day at school, it was really fun because we had cake in class and played music and just sat around chatting and taking funny selfies and stuff.
11. Did you sleep well last night? I slept ok I guess, I woke up at like 3 am though because I had a Politics mock exam today and I was stressing over it a bit. I never sleep brilliantly before exams.
My questions for you (I’ll nominate people at the end so the nominations will be for both awards):
1. Where would love to go?
2. Would you rather get free plane tickets or concert tickets?
3. What is your favourite room of your house?
4. Would you/have you ever died your hair and if so what colour?
5. What is more important, kindness or loyalty?
6. Where is the furtherest you have travelled from home?
7. What is your favourite genre of music?
8. Do you enjoy reading books?
9. Would you want to move away from your hometown when you are older or stay?
10. What do you love most about.blogging?
11. What is your favourite hobby?
Ok, on to award number 2! Alex nominated me for the Sunshine blogger award so thank you very much to her and please check out her lovely blog too!
– Thank the person who nominated you in the blog post.
– Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. What are you core values? I don’t really have many strong beliefs or things I live my life by. Mainly that everyone deserves to be treated equally. I don’t, however, belive that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, maybe initially but to keep my respect you need to earn it or prove it if that makes sense. There have been so many times where I have respected someone only to be let down and treated disrespectfully by them so I’ve become a bit wary of respecting people now until I get to know them.
2. Favourite colour and why?
My favourite colour has and will always be yellow because it is just such a happy, cheerful colour. Even though literally everything I own is either green or blue now, yellow is still my favourite colour, I just wear blue and green clothes because that’s what suits me although I do have a mustard yellow jumper which I love to death.
3. What country do you come from? And tell me a little about it 🙂 I come from the UK!!! Woohooo!! Or England….or Britain….it gets a little confusing. I would call myself English though, not British because I’m awkward like that. I come from south west England so it’s supposed to be a bit more sunny down here then up in the north but that’s not always the case. A few things to know about England/English people: we are never happy with the weather (hardly ever), we say sorry a lot like for know reason, English food is pretty awesome like fish and chips and roast dinner for example…also toad in the whole, that’s pretty good too.
4. Do you have any tattoos? Or would you like any? I don’t have any but recently I’m coming round to the idea of getting something really small and meaningful perhaps on my wrist?? But idk, I’d probably never get round to it and I don’t know what I’d get anyway.
5. Who inspires you? People, anyone, EVERYONE. You guys inspire me a lot, and not just even what to write posts about. You guys inspire me with your life stories and everything you get up to.
6. Are you a day or night person?
I don’t really know. Depends o the weather, really. If it’s sunny I am definitely a day person – like I will purposely get up early and be really active but it’s a dull, rainy day I will just sleep in and not really have any energy or motivation to do anything until the evening or night.
7. Country or urban living? Oooh tough. I love the countryside but I love the coasy and besches more and towns are generally near to the coast so I’d probably have to go with urban living.
8. Favourite season and why? Autumn because it never disappoints me – I mean, it’s meant go be cold and rainy, right? It’s the only season that is how it is supposed to be in the UK – it never snows in winter and it is never hot in summer. Although spring has impressed me so far this year, the weather has been absolutely lovely so that could be another contender…
9. Favourite social media app? Twitter mainly because the blog squad are amazing and our group chat is on Twitter and I love getting notifications from all their messages and stuff. Plus my phone doesn’t have enough space for many other apps so I don’t even have the Facebook app!
10. Do you believe in time travel? And if it existed, would you use it? I don’t belive in it as such but if it did become possible I may or may not use it. It all seems so far in the future that I don’t really know how I would react.
11. What skill do you wish you had? I wish I could learn British Sign Language because it is such an important and valuable skill to have. I can sign the alphabet and the Scout Law becuase I had to learn that once but apart from that I can’t sign much.
Here are my questions to you for the Sunshine Blogger award?
1. Would you prefer to go on holiday to hot or cold countries?
2. What languages can you speak?
3. Do you belong to any fandoms?
4. What is the last film you watched?
5. What is your favourite song and why (or song lyric)?
6. Where is your favourite place to be?
7. Do you play any sports?
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
9. What type of blog would you describe yours as?
10. What are the top three things that make you happiest?
11. What three things couldn’t you live without (excluding food and water)?
And anyone else who wants to do them!
So, now I’ve got those tags out of the way I can relax a bit. Well, not too much because I still have 6 more mock exams to go. 😦
I’m coming down with a cold…again. Seriously colds just won’t leave me alone this year!! Literally everyone in my year has a cold though so it was inevitable. Some of my classes only had about 12 people in today as half the class was ill. Ugh.
Anyway, hope you guys are all ok! I’ve got a special anniversary coming up on Saturday and I can’t WAIT to share my celebratory post with you guys! 🙂